Thursday, March 6, 2014

Airports

Well, today I traveled from Utica, NY to St. Louis, MO.  We have our first split week of the tour, split week meaning we do 2 cities this week.  We did two shoes in Utica and we will be having a 5 show weekend in St. Louis.

I've been to St. Louis many times and I've played here numerous times.  It's a great city if you ever get a chance to visit.  The St. Louis Arch is a must!  I have also taken the Budweiser Brewery tour in the past, and that was an absolute blast.  There are tons of great places to eat and excellent beer to drink in St. Louis.  

Anyways, back to the name of the post, "Airports."  I have a love/hate relationship with airports.  I hate that it's a 4 hour process for a 1 hour flight.  I hate security and I hate long lines.  These days it seems that there are more delays than ever. The food is way overpriced and you have to pay because there's nothing else to eat.  These are the less fun things about airports. 

That being said, my favorite thing about airports is the people watching! This is precisely what I did today for a long time while we waited for our flight.  There are so many interesting and different types of people to watch.  You really get a chance to see how different and alike we all are.  There are so many different types of styles, bodies, hair styles, heights, expressions and you can see them all at an airport.  You get to watch people walk by who are just traveling in comfort, pajamas almost.  Then there's the business folk, and the young punk folk, and the people who are just super dressed to the nines and you can't understand why anyone would want to fly in 5" heels.  There's the people who are in love, the crying children, and the people who are running like hell to catch their flight.

I get to see what's in fashion, what looks good on people, what things I might not want to wear, etc.  I don't openly make fun of or criticize anyone, that's not what it's about, and I hope you don't take the away from this rant.  I just am amused and content sitting there watching the people go by.

Do you enjoy people watching at the airport?

Well, now that my airport experience for the week is over and done with, I think I'll go out and enjoy St. Louis a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment